- Gross Income
- is the sum of all your earnings before any taxes have been deducted, minus any exemptions.
- Net Income
- is the money you take home after all taxes and contributions have been deducted from your gross salary.
- Tax due
- is the sum of all taxes and contributions that will be deducted from your gross salary. The deductions used in the above salary calculator assume you are not married and you have no dependents.
- Income Tax
- is a progressive income tax, that ranges from 23% to 43%, which means the higher the income, the higher the rate of tax payable. The employer withholds the emloyee's income tax and transfers the payment to the tax authorities on a monthly basis.
- Social Security Contributions
- is a tax applied on the gross income and it represents 9.19% of the employee's wage. The employee's contributions are deducted at source from their gross salary by their employer on a monthly basis.
The information presented on this page is based on the fiscal regulations of Italy in 2019. Visit agenziaentrate.gov.it for more details.
The average monthly net salary in Italy (IT) is around 1 560 EUR, with a minimum income of 830 EUR per month. This places Italy on the 18th place in the International Labour Organisation statistics for 2012, after United Kingdom, but before Spain.
The taxation of an individual's income in Italy is progressive, with higher rates being applied to higher income levels. The income tax and the social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross salary by the employers on behalf of the employees.
Italy is the world's 9th biggest economy and the 8th largest exporter in the world. The country's industrial economy is divided into a highly-industrialized northern part (75% of the nation's wealth is produced here) and a less-developed, welfare-dependent, more agriculture-depended southern part.
According to the Human Development Index, Italy has a very high standard of living, and has the world's 8th highest quality of life. The country is also known for its rich art, cuisine, history, fashion, and its beautiful surroundings. It is the fifth most visited country in international tourism arrivals and it has more than 5 million foreign nationals, or about 8.2% of the country's population.